LIFE IN TRANSITION
Life happens … and life continually changes…
Life is full of transitions and changes. Some transitions are by choice or by opportunity. Your instinctive inclination towards a better option or outcome. Others have a natural end such as a graduation. But some changes are imposed upon you, possibly without warning.
Each new phase you enter into along your journey has its own characteristics and challenges. The intricacies of your financial affairs during these times of transition are often something which will demand your attention. So whether you are starting a new phase in your life by your own choosing or by circumstances beyond your control, it is essential to have a strategy in place.
Your personal story will be different to everyone else’s and the best financial strategy will be one tailored to your individual circumstances. However, there are a number of common transitions that most of us face at some point in our lives and Encompass Wealth can help you.
- Relationships – partnering up or moving on;
Deciding to move forward as a couple with shared financial interests can be exciting but also challenging. For some individuals, this may be through a second relationship or marriage, and a blended family comes into play. Alternately, sometimes the wise decision is to leave a relationship and unwind a partnership but without destroying your financial future. We provide clarity and certainty around your choices and take any fear or panic out of the situation.
- Career – managing change or retirement;
Nowadays it is uncommon for individuals to remain in the same position or company their whole lives. You will most likely change jobs multiple times and possibly even your career. Then after you have spent a lifetime working towards your future, it will be time to slow down or perhaps switch your employment for retirement. We help you set a course for sustainable living with your existing financial situation. Sorting financial affairs such as super and assisting with cashflow management, we help you to live the life you want now as well as in the future.
- Providing care – welcoming children or assisting ailing parents;
With added responsibility often comes financial implications. Children require consideration towards their education and lifestyle and your parents may require you to act on their behalf. For some, this responsibility will be practical as well as financial in nature and will alter your own capacity for earning. We give you the tools to make the best decisions for your circumstances. We can also steer you through the minefield of complexities involved in home care, considering a retirement village or residential aged care living and connect you with a range of professional services that will help make the transition a smooth one.
- Personal health – terminal illness, disability or death;
No one wants to imagine the worst for themselves or their loved ones. We all want to live a long and prosperous life but the reality is that accidents happen, anyone can get sick and we all get older. It is important to have a plan in place and protection against unforeseen circumstances. We can help you build a financial strategy and manage your personal requirements. When the ultimate time comes for your loved ones, we can also provide you our compassion, understanding and support to work through all the details.
Let us help you find your path forward.
Transition is often considered as a grey zone but it doesn’t have to be. By understanding exactly what you want and need, we can help you make wise choices to achieve your desired outcomes. You will receive caring, considered and expert guidance to give you peace of mind surrounding your future. We will work with you and your existing advisers or can introduce you to other specialists (lawyers, accountants, insurance consultants, lending professionals) to help make every transition in your life a positive one.
- Partnering Up – We can help you to determine the best way to move forward as a couple with shared financial interests. For some people you are entering into a second relationship/marriage and a blended family comes into play. We will help step you through the important considerations to deal with.
- Going separate ways – Uncoupled, a marriage or partnership ended – there are just as many emotional as practical issues to deal with. We set clients on a path to financial stability. Our advice will guide you through the challenges ahead. We take fear and panic out of the equation and replace it with considered wisdom, leaving you calmer and better focused on positive outcomes.
- Changing gears, winding down or Retiring – Changing your work pattern can be disorienting for most people. We work with clients who are planning for retirement or who have retired and help them set a course for sustainable living with their existing financial situation. We can also assist you with cash flow management and sorting your financial affairs such as superannuation so you can enjoy your newfound leisure time the way your intended.
- Needing care – When the time comes to move out of your regular home, we have a world of experience in this kind of transitioning. We can steer you through the minefield of complexities involved in home care, considering a retirement village or residential aged care living. We work with clients and their families and can connect you with a range of professional services that will help make the transition smooth and stress-free.
- Terminal Illness and Death – Difficult times which remind us of the fragility of human existence. When the ultimate time comes we provide you our compassion, understanding and support to work through all the details.
Caring, considered, expert guidance
At all times, we are interested in what you want and need. We will take the time to listen, we want to know who and what matters most to you and will work with you to achieve your desired outcomes. We are all in different stages in our life transitions, let us help you find your path forward.