PLANNING FOR RETIREMENT
You’ve worked a lifetime to reach a point where you can see the light at the end of the tunnel; that time where you can relax, take it easy and enjoy spending time with friends and family and doing the things you love. When people talk about retirement, the words ‘superannuation’ and ‘pension’ are usually top of mind, planning for retirement is not only about money. It’s also about lifestyle, where you live, how you live, your health, your family and loved ones.
- There is more to
life than money…
How we help you
Do you know what you are retiring to? No doubt it can be unchartered territory with so many new decisions to make and considerations. What do you really want? Many people simply want to live stress-free and to be able to afford a holiday every year. Do you know if that’s achievable for you? What if you want more? Maybe you want to change your life significantly, or perhaps you want to ease into retirement and switch to working part-time but you’re worried whether you can afford to do so.
Let us work with you to show you the bigger picture, a range of choices that can open up to you with the right advice. Once we understand what you already have in place and learn what you want and what you’re trying to achieve, we can formulate a plan that can make it happen. Discover what is possible.
How to create a fulfilling, achievable retirement
- Familiarisation: Meet to get to know each other. Tell us about your life, your family, your home and your current situation. Understand what you are seeking.
- Planning your path: Taking the information we gain from our familiarisation meeting, we develop a strategy for the way forward.
- Implementation: We will present you with our best advice in your interests, and once you are happy to proceed, your Financial Life Plan will be implemented.
- Milestone Check-Ins: We want to hear how everything is going and arrange to meet with you on a yearly basis – or more frequently if you wish – to check you are still on course and to make any changes if necessary.
How different will your life be in retirement?
Do you ask yourself any of the following questions when you think about retiring? Maybe they feel too difficult to answer so you avoid them.
- When will I be able to afford to retire?
- What kind of lifestyle will I be able to enjoy when I’m not working anymore?
- Do I want to downsize to a smaller, more manageable home?
- Will I have to change my money habits in my retirement?
- How can I create cashflow when I no longer have a weekly income?
- What do I need to do now to get organised for a prosperous retirement?
- What are the implications of selling our family home?
- How will I pay for medical expenses if I get sick?
- Can we still go on holidays in retirement?
- Do I have to sign over my family home to move into care?
- Will I be able to leave my children anything in my Will?
All these questions and more come up regularly in consultations. We want to know about your thoughts, plans and concerns for your retirement. Once we know what you would like to achieve, we can put you on the right path to doing just that.
Now is the time to start creating the picture of what your life will look like when you are retired. The beauty of a well-planned retirement is that you can hang that picture wherever you want; you can move it, change it and move it again, as much as you want.